Over the past three and a half months, I’ve found myself using Skype every few days. Overall, it’s been a rather frustrating experience (technology is a blessing and a curse). Myself and my Skype compadre, through trial and error, came up with a list of Skype Rules. Okay, I’m the one who came up with the list. And I was maybe the only one who enforced it. But the rules were important, I promise.
5. The more silly voices, the better. I reinforce this rule like it is my JOB.
4. Don’t move too quickly. Bad internet connections are made worse when you make any sudden movements. Moving too quickly causes the screen to freeze and for the audio to lag and you’ll look like a blurry mess. Stay in one place.
3. Don’t talk too quickly. Essentially the same principles as Rule #4. If you cause the audio to lag, you start to sound like Sloth from the Goonies.
2. Before clicking the “Start Video” button, do something ridiculous to make the other person laugh when they first see your face. After instating this rule, I turned on my video to find this:
Brilliance. Sheer brilliance. Notice my look of utter glee and delight. A big hat! And sunglasses! Inside!
And the numero uno Skype Rule:
1. NO WHISTLING. Unless your goal is to make my ears bleed. Then keep whistling.
Do you have any Skype rules?